Safety Issues to be Considered
- We ask that children do not bring chewing gum to school. It is a hazard and may cause choking and it can be very messy when not disposed of properly.
- Bicycles are kept in the racks provided and are not ridden in the playground. All children riding a bike to and from school must wear an approved safety helmet. It is strongly recommended that appropriate locks are used on bikes.
- For safety, only studs are to be worn in pierced ears. (No tattoos, temporary or otherwise are to be visible.)
- To assist in the prevention of head lice all shoulder length hair is to be tied back.
- Glass drink bottles and cans should not be brought to school by children or parents.
- We are very conscious of the toys children play with, however, given the nature of our school we do emphasise that children are requested to not have the following toys at school;
~ Toy weapons promoting violent play
~ Skates, skate boards, roller blades and scooters
~ Trading Cards, valuable toys, electronic or battery operated toys and toys which may cause injury.
Loss or damage to treasured items can cause distress.